Re: packages missing from sarge

On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 10:49:10PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 09:33:36PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > Mainly because 2.3.x causes other openswan boxes to crash in some
> > > (reproducable) cases - that's a pretty bad regression from 2.2.0 and I
> > > keep bugging upstream with it for at least 3 months. No fix until now,
> > > so we can't wait until it will be fixed. I would vote for 2.2.0-4. (or
> > > even 2.2.0-5).

> > > Does that mean that the only way to get the known stable 2.2.0-x back
> > > into testing is an upload to unstable with an epoch? I really wouldn't
> > > like to go that route if I can avoid it....

> > Well, AFAIK openswan has never actually been in testing /before/, so it's
> > not a matter of getting it /back/; but yes, the upshot is that I'm not
> > comfortable adding packages to testing via t-p-u.

> That's wrong, openswan was in testing earlier this year. Read e.g. [1].

Ah, ok.  I couldn't seem to find any references to that the last time the
question came up, and whichever member of the release team did the actual
removal apparently didn't leave a trace.

Still, the concerns about re-adding this software version (which has been
out of testing for months) via t-p-u remain.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer