Re: [Release Notes] Use Woody's or Sarge's aptitude for upgrades?

In article <[🔎] 200505180031.30177.aragorn@tiscali.nl> you wrote:
> 1. Check that /etc/apt/sources.list points to "woody"
> 2. apt-get update
> 3. apt-get install aptitude

perhaps use "--reinstall"  or "aptitude/woody" to force downgrade?

> 4. change the /etc/apt/sources.list to point to "sarge"
> 5. apt-get update

> 6. aptitude install aptitude dpkg

and here we could use "aptitude install aptitude dpkg/sarge" just to be sure

> 7. aptitude -f --with-recommends dist-upgrade

> 1. If the sources.list pointed to stable the user should check if
>   he has already updated anything; he will be largely on his own
>   if that should produce problems.

Yes, I wonder if we should force downgrade?

> 4. The consensus seems to be that using "sarge" instead of "stable" is
>   more secure as it will prevent premature upgrades for a next release.

and it works pre-release (aka now)

Greetings
Bernd