Re: Hijacking apt-cacher (Jonathan Oxer MIA?)

Hi Eduard and Martin,

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 10:45 +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Eduard Bloch <blade@debian.org> [2005-05-11 10:55]:
> > I do not get any answers from the maintainer of apt-cacher (Jonathan
> > Oxer <jon@debian.org>) without any obvious reason, he has been
> > responding few weeks ago.
> > If anyone has contact with Jonathan, please tell him to contact me.
>
> Jon became the president of Linux Australia a while ago and is working
> on a book so he's probably just busy and will appreciate your work.
> I'd give him a chance to say "go ahead" though.

Just to make it official: "go ahead"   ;-)

Eduard, I'm really sorry I haven't responded recently but I've been
following your work on apt-cacher and I certainly appreciate your
efforts. In recent times I've been even more of a pathetic excuse for a
DD than usual, so I apologise for that. There is a whole litany of
excuses including those already mentioned by Martin: I'm now President
of Linux Australia (a position involving much more work than it may
appear), I'm working on 3 more books, spent the last few months
organising Debian Miniconf4, have a newish baby son, am on 5 (IIRC)
management or advisory boards, am part of upstream for a bunch of
projects, and am trying to run a business that's so frantically busy I
can't hire people fast enough.

So since you've shown so much interest and initiative, you're welcome to
either adopt or co-maintain Apt-cacher as you prefer. It still has
personal interest for me but obviously you're in a better position to
give it the attention it deserves right now.

Cheers   :-)

Jonathan Oxer