Re: /usr/lib vs /usr/libexec

Once upon a time GOMBAS Gabor said...

> $ df -h
> /dev/hda5              99M   75M   19M  80% /
> [...]
>
> $ du -sh /etc/gconf
> 26M     /etc/gconf
>
> That's 1/3 of my root fs. It's damn too much.

I discovered this a while ago and learned that most of it can be
removed. I think they must be conf files so were never automatically
removed, but you should find newer versions of all the files in the
/etc/gconf directory in /usr/share/gconf. I've got only a couple of
schemas left in /etc/gconf and if I check, those may be able to be
removed by now as well.