Re: A way _not_ to handle bugs

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 08:30:22AM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Looking at the bug log, it seems that you had no business increasing
> the severity in the first place.  You didn't report the bug, you
[...]

So now just people who are affected by bugs are allowed to report them?
And it's also forbidden to go through the list of open bugs and attempt to
alert developers of important issues by raising the severity (if
necessary)?

While I have no opinion regarding the bug being discussed here, I believe
that those few people who take the time to go through open bugs often do
very valuable work, e.g. by identifying "upgrade bugs" which are waiting to
happen the moment we release.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯