A way _not_ to handle bugs

severity 306015 grave

Hi Steve,

first of all, if you downgrade a bug only a good hour after I upgraded
it, it would be nice if you would:
- Cc me
- send a better explanation than "This is not a missing dependency, feh"

I know that downgrading RC bugs makes your RC bugs metric look better,
but this bug is a good example why only working on improving a metric is
a bad thing.

In my testing, e.g. php4 from woody together with php4-mysql from sid is
_not_ a working combination.

Please either explain why "this is not a missing dependency" or promise
to be a little more careful in the future instead of blindly downgrading

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed