Re: PHP/WebApp policy/mailing list

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 10:21:30AM +0200, Alexis Sukrieh wrote:

> >>Once you've got me convinced the list is a good idea, it usually doesn't
> >>take too long to create it.
>
> It really seems that such a list is needed, a lot of webapp maintainers
> would be happy to have a common place to talk about that.
>
> Moreover, I do think that this list would have a decent lifetime, in the
> first place, it will handle the Webapp Policy Writing but it won't
> become useless when the policy will be written.
> Indeed, I think that it will become the right place to help maintenance
> of webapps.
>
> Here is the name that sounds to be the good one, according to this thread:
>
>     debian-webapps@lists.debian.org
>
> We have to find a correct description for the list, let me give you a
> first try:
>
>     Coordination for web application maintenance and Debian Webapp
>     Policy issues.
>
> Feel free to give here other descriptions :)

As per the list creation guidelines, I'll suggest the following, unless
anyone can improve on it:

Name:
debian-webapps

Rationale:
There are now a large number of Web Application packages in and entering
Debian. At the moment, there is no policy on how to package these
applications.
This list aims to:
* Create and maintain a working policy for the packaging of Web based
  applications (Webapps).
* Provide a forum for the discussion of packaging Webapps.

Short description:
Web Applications package maintainance and Web Application policy development

Long description:
Coordination for the maintainance of web application packages and Debian
Webapp Policy issues.

Category:
Developers

Subscription Policy: