Re: Status of 'sarge' for the amd64 architecture

Hello Steve,

thank you for your reply to my status report.

Steve Langasek wrote:
> Andreas Jochens wrote:
>> It will only be necessary to describe the current situation
>> in the official release documents and include pointers
>> to the separate amd64 archive, which will be provided
>> by the amd64 porting team anyway.
>
> Have you discussed this with the security team, and have they agreed to
> provide stable security support for amd64 in sync with the other
> architectures?  Or have they agreed to coordinate with someone on the amd64
> team for security support?  I don't think we can consider it an official
> stable port without this key feature.

This is still an open issue, yes.

Security support for amd64 sarge will be one of the main topics for the
amd64 porters irc meeting today. An autobuilder has been prepared
which will build amd64 security updates for sarge as soon as the sources
become available. However, as far as I know, this has not yet been
officially coordinated with the security team and I do not know the
position of the security team on this. But I am confident that a
solution can be found for this issue. The amd64 is certainly willing
to do the necessary work.

Besides security support, do you have any other concerns which should
be addressed to make a sarge release for the amd64 architecture
possible?

Regards
Andreas Jochens