Re: FTBFS for illegal archs

On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 11:29:21AM +0200, Nico Golde wrote:
> > * Jeroen:
> > > Please also try to make your package actually FTBFS on systems not
> > > supporting acpi, if that's possible, besides limiting the Architecture
> > > line as you've already done.
> >
> > For one thing, when using dpkg-buildpackage, a package will FTBFS if the
> > Architecture line doesn't contain the architecture you're building on
> > (unless I'm mistaken, but I don't think I am).
>
> Yes right:
> Automatic build of yacpi_1.2.1-1 on goedel by sbuild/alpha 17
> Build started at 20050331-1936
[...]
> : alpha not in arch list: i386 ia64 amd64 -- skipping

No -- that's sbuild barfing on the Architecture: line, not
dpkg-buildpackage ;-)

In the end, it appears I was mistaken. Dpkg-buildpackage will not refuse
to build; only dpkg-gencontrol will refuse to generate a control file if
the build has already happened.

pavement is precisely one bananosecond