Re: lintian & linda

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:45:04 +0200, Emanuele Rocca uttered
> Everybody agrees here, but (AFAIK) this is not the situation we are
> discussing. No 'Better Ideas' in linda.

Speak for yourself. Here are three (off the top of my head) that
spring to mind that lintian can't do, and I feel better serve
users.

1) Proper English descriptions, rather than tags.
steven@broken:~% linda /var/cache/apt/archives/abiword_2.2.7-1_i386.deb
E: abiword; No manual page for binary AbiWord-2.2.

2) Proper l10n strings for most errors (in German, anyway)
steven@broken:~% LANG=de_DE linda /var/cache/apt/archives/abiword_2.2.7-1_i386.deb
E: abiword; Keine Handbuchseite für Binary AbiWord-2.2.

3) Different output formats.
steven@broken:~% linda -f long /var/cache/apt/archives/abiword_2.2.7-1_i386.deb
Package: abiword
Type: Error

One very pissed off developer,
--
					Steve
"Why does everyone say 'Relax' when they're about to do something terrible?"