Re: openswan 2.3.1 is now available - Call for Help

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 10:32:06PM +0200, Rene Mayrhofer wrote:
> Am Samstag, 9. April 2005 17:31 schrieb Paul TBBle Hampson:
> > I'm interested in testing the new version, although the problem I was
> > suffering was a windows interoperability bug (Win2K Ipsec would crash
> > pluto) which I reported to the Openswan list and was told it would
> > probably be fixed in 2.3.1. I've built from the debian/ directory in CVS
> > at the moment, but haven't tried it in a few weeks to see if CVS fixed
> > my problem.

> > I also had two 2.3.0 openswans talking to each other for L2TP, but I
> > didn't see the crashing problem you've mentioned above (and which is to
> > do with NAT-T if the 2.3.1 changelog is anything to go by), both using
> > the 2.6 built-in IPSec stack for kernel support.
> If you can, then please test as much as you can. My current test packages are
> at
> http://www.gibraltar.at/~rene/openswan/

> I have tried openswan-modules-source with both 2.4 and 2.6 kernel trees and it
> compiles fine now (many fixes during the last hours...), although I have not
> yet tried the modules that have been built. I still need to try
> kernel-patch-openswan and work further on that earlier crash problem.

I just tried openswan-modules-source under 2.6.10 with make-kpkg, and it
installed
/lib/modules/2.6.10/kernel/net/ipsec/ipsec.o
instead of
/lib/modules/2.6.10/kernel/net/ipsec/ipsec.ko

Also, 2.3.1 didn't fix my problem with Windows, so I'll build a local
unstripped version and see if I can get some useful answers from upstream.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.