Re: intend-to-implement: script to obtain Debian Source

On 06-Apr-05, 12:31 (CDT), Pierre THIERRY <nowhere.man@levallois.eu.org> wrote:

> Urgh. Are you doing computer science or cooking? Couldn't the
> application write somewhere the order of the patch that it just used?!

*I'm* not doing anything except postulating the reasoning behind a
deliberately random patching order. Mr. Heath is the one doing the work.

Given even basic testing on the developer's system, plus the
autobuilders, I doubt a bug like this would make it through unstable.
OTOH, I can see a lot of people being bit the day Mr. Heath fixes
something that just happens to re-order the "independent" patches.

There's a long history of people relying on explicitly unspecified
behaviour, and then bitching when that behaviour changes.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net