Re: If Debian's too radical for you... [was: NEW handling: About rejects, and kernels]

Le jeudi 24 mars 2005 à 11:13 +1100, Matthew Palmer a écrit :
> "Some would say that this has already happened".  Not a fork, per se,
> but Ubuntu's licencing policy (and the general level-headedness of the
> people I know who are deeply involved in it) suggests that it may be
> the refuge you seek.

It's not the right answer. When I joined Debian, we were not considered
as fanatic. In facts, we were much more pragmatic... Debian was
separated from the FSF because it decided to stay pragmatic and refused
to remove non-free just for the intellectual satisfaction of the
fanatics.

Nowadays, we're going backwards and it's not good. I don't want to leave
Debian, I want Debian to stay like it has always been. So I prefer to
fight the fanatics inside Debian instead of leaving.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com
Earn money with free software: http://www.geniustrader.org