Re: If Debian's too radical for you... [was: NEW handling: About rejects, and kernels]

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 10:29:35AM +1100, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Thursday 24 March 2005 03:40, Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> wrote:
> > If the free software fanatics succeed in kicking non-free from being
> > supported by Debian assets, such that the FSF documentation were no
> > longer available, I'd probably end up agreeing with you and probably
> > would do what you are considering to do after sarge ships.
> >
> > If it would help, I'd ask you to reconsider.  If all the reasonable
> > moderates leave, then all that will be left will be the extremists.
>
> Of course an option is always to fork the project.  Maybe it's time to have a
> Debian project that focusses on getting software released as opposed to the
> Debian that wants to be fanatic.

"Some would say that this has already happened".  Not a fork, per se, but
Ubuntu's licencing policy (and the general level-headedness of the people I
know who are deeply involved in it) suggests that it may be the refuge you
seek.

- Matt