Re: Idea: about package installation under chroot.

> I think you miss my point.
>
> Rather than keying "restart daemons" to /proc (who would ever guess
> that?!), I'm saying create something *new*, that means "this is a
> chroot, don't restart demons".

OK, I read you. Your message gave me the impression that something like it
was already in place.  That meaning doesn't have to be "this is a chroot",
but just "don't start daemons", for whatever reasons there may be for that
in any particular case. It would be nice if we could touch a flag file and
prevent packages from starting daemons...
							Cheers,

        Jorge L. deLyra,  Associate Professor of Physics
            The University of Sao Paulo,  IFUSP-DFMA
       For more information: finger delyra@latt.if.usp.br