wxWidgets 2.5 [Was Re: NEW-queue handling after extending group of ftp-master]

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 08:43:17PM -0500, Josh Metzler wrote:
> > Believe me I'm trying to investigate and fix #295131. Btw any ideas/help
> > are welcome. Second RC bug for scorched3d is fixed both in upstream and
> > on my box, but without fixing first one there's no need to upload.

> > Once again hints for #295131 are welcome, since afaik it works on sarge,
> > and not on sid so we've got probably some interesting bug in libglib or
> > something relevant.

> I have know idea if this would work, but what about using libwxgtk2.5.3
> rather than libwxgtk2.4?  I don't know how much porting effort if any would
> be involved in that, but libwxgtk2.5.3 seems to be built against libglib2.0
> like scorched3d and libSDL, whereas (as the bug report says) libwxgtk2.4 is
> linked against libglib1.2.

Can be done, but libwxgtk2.5 is a non-releasable mess because it results in
mutual breakage with libwxgtk2.4 when the packages are co-installed; so any
package that's updated to wxWidgets 2.5 is almost certainly not going to
make it into sarge.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer