Re: NEW-queue handling after extending group of ftp-master

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 11:09:17PM +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > Usually NEW-queue was handled by the date of first upload of some package.
> > After tracking of debian-bugs and/or debian-wnpp mailing lists last days
> > I can say it's not true anymore.
>
> > So could someone explain what are the criterions now?
>
> There are criterions for the order?
> Well, ok. Lets define some:
> - How much money did you sent to one ftpmaster/assistant?
> - How much do you intent to send?
> - Are you a girl?
> - Alcohol level?
> - Random picking.

I could apply for fourth alternatively.
Or maybe fifth but with the 1/4 probability :P

> Actually there are none, as the queue should be (soon) small enough to
> not need any. So we havent bothered too look for rules, just started.
> The reason for the "random" order is just me, approving old and new
> uploads - to get the queue smaller and not let newer uploads rot in the
> queue as long as some old stuff.

Ok. That's something what I wanted to hear. Great to see that NEW queue is
handled at all and that I had to wait for answer so short ;)

> Looking at the queue noone needs to worry about that, so please do
> something more useful like RC bug fixing. :)

Believe me I'm trying to investigate and fix #295131. Btw any ideas/help
are welcome. Second RC bug for scorched3d is fixed both in upstream and on
my box, but without fixing first one there's no need to upload.

Once again hints for #295131 are welcome, since afaik it works on sarge,
and not on sid so we've got probably some interesting bug in libglib or
something relevant.

regards
fEnIo
--
  ,''`.  Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@debian.org | pgp:0x13fefc40 | irc:fEnIo
 : :' :       32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Poland