Re: HOWTO Help (was: Debian DPL Debate Comments)

HI,
* Alexander Schmehl <alexander@schmehl.info> [2005-03-23 11:10]:
> < cc-ing to -doc, since most part of the mail is more relevant there >
> * Nico Golde <nico@ngolde.de> [050318 18:59]:
>
> > [...]
> > > I've been thinking of contributing to Debian for a long time since I started
> > > using it. The problem is that I've not been able to find a good comprehensive
> > > documentation on "Contributing to Debian" yet.
> > I think the descrition on:
> > http://www.debian.org/support
> > is ok.
>
> Nico, did you take a look at that page?  It is more a "Where to get
> support" than a "howto support us".

oh fuck, wrong page. i had the wrong in mind.
http://www.debian.org/devel/join/
http://www.debian.org/devel/

> AFAIK we don't have a good "What you can do to help us" documentation
> (please correct me, if I am wrong).

but there are people who know how they can help :)
i think the best way to start is to subscribe to one of the
mailinglists. for maintainers to -mentors, for documentation
-l10n- etc.

> However I was about to write a new document about that, based on the
> talk I did on the asian miniconf (which I btw, just uploaded to
> <http://www.schmehl.info/publication/talks/200503_admc_howto_help/>, not
> yet fixed the bugs or made a nice frontpage).
[...]
nice!
regards nico
--