Re: my thoughts on the Vancouver Prospectus

* Anthony Towns (aj@azure.humbug.org.au) wrote:
> >If this is the case, I think that needs to be made clearer to avoid
> >situations where people work to meet the criteria but are vetoed by the
> >release team because there are already too many architectures.
>
> The main issue is the port needs to be on top of problems quickly and
> effectively; in many cases we won't know what those problems are 'til
> they happen (and thus can't say "your port mustn't have such-n-such a
> problem"), the criteria listed are meant to be reasonably objective ways
> a port team can demonstrate that they're able to handle problems that arise.

Sometimes I worry that these issues aren't brought up to the attention
of those who would be most likely to care about it.  A call for help on
-devel or -release about $arch needing xyz, or worse having the problem
be outlined only in some deep thread or discussed on irc, seems less
likely to generate a useful response as a mail to -$arch.  I don't
currently follow all of the -$arch lists (mainly just -mips) but I don't
recall having seen much there about these issues.

	Stephen