Re: Buildd redundancy (was Re: Bits (Nybbles?) from the Vancouver...)

* Steve Langasek (vorlon@debian.org) [050319 12:35]:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 12:20:34AM -0800, Blars Blarson wrote:
> > - at least two buildd administrators
>
> > This allows the buildd administrator to take vacations, etc.

> This is at odds with what I've heard from some buildd maintainers that
> having multiple buildd maintainers makes it hard to avoid stepping on one
> another's feet, so I wouldn't want to set a requirement like this without
> further discussion.

Actually, there was some discussion about that in Vancouver :)

It boils down to more or less having at least two people to be able to
maintain any of the buildds, so that if the primary buildd admin goes on
vacation / is ill / ..., that doesn't put this buildd completly off-line.
In fact, this has already happened in the past, without anybody except
the buildd admins noticing it.

Cheers,
Andi
--