Re: Buildd redundancy (was Re: Bits (Nybbles?) from the Vancouver...)

On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 04:37:05PM +0100, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> Hi, Steve Langasek wrote:

> >> This allows the buildd administrator to take vacations, etc.

> > This is at odds with what I've heard from some buildd maintainers that
> > having multiple buildd maintainers makes it hard to avoid stepping on one
> > another's feet,

> I assume that that's a problem if the buildd admins are prone to not
> looking where they're going.

> TTBOMK, m68k has no such problem.

TTBOMK, even m68k has one buildd admin per buildd -- the most they generalley
have in terms of buildd admin redundancy is that if the admin for a machine
that has built a certain package is unavailable, another admin can waste
cycles by re-building the package elsewhere.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer