Hi, Karsten Merker wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 02:02:09PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
>
>> For that matter, it would probably make sense to drop 2.4 kernels fully
>> in the not so far future.
>
> I would like to strongly advise against that - 2.6 does not even work
> properly on several i386 machines for me, not to talk about other
> architectures.

Hopefully those problems will get fixed in the next year or so.
Otherwise the maintainers of these kernels will be in the same awkward
situation m68k is in -- it still needs 2.2 kernels for Mac because nobody
bothered to forward-port the architecture's bits to 2.4 until it was
basically too late.

Given the pace 2.6 is progressing at, I expect there not to be a "too
late" in the next months.

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de