Re: status of buildds?

* Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> [2005-03-16 09:59]:
> If the information in the Developers' Reference is no longer
> correct, then fix it

Can you please give a specific section so we know what information
you're talking about exactly.

[The following is a clarification of what I said given Thomas'
response but please don't waste time reading it.]

> Martin Michlmayr - Debian Project Leader <leader@debian.org> writes:
> > One problem, as you say above, is that random people building packages
> > are more likely to break things because they don't know about
> > architecture specific problems.
>
> I have not said anything about "random people", but rather, about
> porting teams and package maintainers.

The "you" did not refer to you but to Ian Lynagh to whose email I was
responding.  Secondly, I think that Ian asked a more general question
about "random people" (i.e. not porting teams) uploading packages
(which is something which happened in the past) and I provided more
information about this.  However, I don't think what I said applied to
the S/390 case initially discussed and that's why I cleary said:

| Anyway, I don't think either of these apply to the S/390 example which
| was discussed but your question was of a more general nature.

So given that I was a) not responding to you and b) not commenting on
your S/390 case, so why do you think it's necessary to point out that
what I said doesn't apply to your example when I quite clearly said I
was not talking about that example?  (This is a rhetoric question; I
think we've wasted enough time on this now.  Please point out the
wrong sections in the Developers' Referecence though so we can fix it
and go on with life.)
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/