Re: *seconded* Re: Bits (Nybbles?) from the Vancouver release team meeting

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 10:44:15AM -0500, Kyle McMartin wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 03:06:19PM +0000, Rob Taylor wrote:
> > Yes, that makes total sense. Would there likely be major objections to
> > this?
> >

> Even less (likely zero) testing of packages by the maintainer before they
> upload? This is definitely a serious problem...
>
> Famous last words...
> "Oh, I'll just make this one change, rebuild source and upload."

The only bugs to slip by which get caught now are FTBFS bugs, which are
fairly obvious and won't take too long to show up.  The proper solution to
the problem is to beat maintainers who don't test prior to upload, not to
put the kybosh on source-only uploads.

- Matt