Re: *seconded* Re: Bits (Nybbles?) from the Vancouver release team meeting

* Kyle McMartin (kyle@mcmartin.ca) wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 03:06:19PM +0000, Rob Taylor wrote:
> > Yes, that makes total sense. Would there likely be major objections to
> > this?
> >

> Even less (likely zero) testing of packages by the maintainer before they
> upload? This is definitely a serious problem...
>
> Famous last words...
> "Oh, I'll just make this one change, rebuild source and upload."

What about requiring a binary upload with the source upload, but then
rebuilding the binary on the buildd of the uploaded binary *anyway*?
Having the extra check that it actually *builds* on that buildd would be
a good thing, the security team will probably need it once it's stable..

	Stephen