Hi, Anthony Towns wrote:

> Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
>> I've suggested (briefly) a slaved testing which tries to enforce sync
>> with the main testing archive.
>
> Hrm, I don't think I've got any idea what that means.

Dunno what Daniel meant, but this is how I'd understand it:

For each package in $ARCH-Unstable that's not in $ARCH-Testing:
- Is this package (or something higher-versioned) in MAIN-Testing?
    - If so, promote to $ARCH-Testing
- Otherwise, is our version in $ARCH-Testing lower-versioned than the
  one in MAIN-Testing?
    - If so, build and install it in $ARCH-Testing.
      (Can happen on high-prio packages if our builders lag behind and
       a new version has been uploaded to Unstable before we can do it)

Both parts don't look THAT difficult to code up.

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de