Re: debian/kernel security issues (Was: Re: Bits (Nybbles?) from the Vancouver release team meeting)

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 02:14:07 -0500, Andres Salomon wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 01:38:48 -0500, Andres Salomon wrote:

>> [...]
>>>

>> Actually, that was the case for a while (before ubuntu's kernel team went
>> on vacation, and I went on vacation).  However, w/ all the vacations
>> that have been happening, it hasn't been the case for a few months.
>>

> Rather, I was mistaken; they were things that had already been made
> public.

And, as a perfect example;
http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CAN-2005-0210

This has already been made public, and has been fixed in Ubuntu kernels
for 2 days.  Sure would be nice the cve folks to let the rest of us in on
it, eh?