On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 08:05:20PM +0100, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> In the contrary I assume that currently the security mechanism for
> alls archs is hindered by the fact that the slowest arch sets the pace.
> There has been a XSF-SVN commit for the latest libxpm vulnerability some
> days ago, which hasn't culminated into a DSA yet. How long does an
> xfree86 build take on arm, mips or m68k?

Which is why I proposed elsewhere that the standard be set as something like
"must be able to build packages in no more than 150% [or other reasonable
figure] of the time taken by the most popconular arch".  Let the porters for
an arch work out how they want to satisfy the criteria (cross-compilation,
distcc, magic beans), as long as they meet it.

- Matt