* Steve Langasek wrote:

> The much larger consequence of this meeting, however, has been the
> crafting of a prospective release plan for etch.

Thanks to the team for your work on that. I support the direction of the
proposal itself (modulo minor issues) and I hope that Debian reckognizes that
it is not a shame if such things are worked out in a small team.

It is plainly impossible to work out such a plan in a reasonable time when
each and every of our thousand developers wants a say in it. I happily
delegate my voice to a small team for quick and high quality decisions.

While I believe that Debians distributed packaging model with the packagers
being the more or less ultimate authority over decisions regarding the
package, I like to see a more structured approach when it comes to making
overall decisions.

Regards,
Sebastian
--
PGP-Key: http://www.mmweg.rwth-aachen.de/~sebastian.ley/public.key
Fingerprint: A46A 753F AEDC 2C01 BE6E  F6DB 97E0 3309 9FD6 E3E6