Re: Call for help / release criteria

On Monday 14 March 2005 22:58, Christian Kurz wrote:
> On [14/03/05 19:05], David Schmitt wrote:
> > They do so now. Are you (all) prepared to take up the call?
>
> Pardon, but where do you see any public e-Mail from any of the "the
> people doing release, ftpmaster, etc." asking for help? I've yet so see
> an e-Mail public stating that they are overloaded and need help. If you
> interpret this proposal as a call for help, then I would say Debian has
> a bigger communication problem then I though before.

Regardless of what is written in the Nybbles proposal, if it is read as "we
are the cabal of Debian, your arch is dismissed, work is useless" then Debian
has already failed.

There are requirements for a really-stable release, there are requirements for
requesting time from "central management", there are requirements which are
already being talked about, there is a minimal proposal of support for tier-2
releases. Anthony Towns said in another mail in this thread:

"Feedback from porters on how these things could actually work usefully
in real circumstances would be valuable here. Having a way of making
snapshots is probably the minimal level of support we'd envisage,
working out what that would actually achieve, and what benefits more
support would actually bring would be interesting."

Regards, David
--
- hallo... wie gehts heute?
- *hust* gut *rotz* *keuch*