On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 03:15:34PM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * Thiemo Seufer
>
> | For anyone who uses Debian as base of a commercial solution it is a
> | requirement. Grabing some random unstable snapshot is a non-starter.
>
> You do realise this is exactly what Ubuntu is doing?  (Grab ?random?
> snapshot; stabilise)

The be fair, though, they've got a good quantity of resources behind them,
sufficient to be able to deal with the whole shebang of issues relating to
snapshotting and stabilising independent of Debian proper.  The benefit of
being within Debian is sharing non-arch-specific resources with other
arches.

I guess the question then is whether the drain on everyone else caused by
the support of a particular arch is too large to be borne by the project on
the whole.  I think the message from the RMs and ftpmasters in general is
"yes", but I would like to see some more constructive comments from those
groups on how the fanboys for a particular niche arch can provide their
resources constructively.

- Matt