On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 11:00:22PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> Ingo, obviously you are pissed off. But really, is there much benefit in
> making *releases* for the SCC architectures?

yes, there is. because people want it. just like they want stable
releases for i386. the only difference is that there are less people...

if we have to treat some arch as a "second class citizen" in order to
get our releases out in a timely manner, whcih is what the proposers
claim, that's fine with me. but then there must be a way for the people
interested in the port to work towards having a stable and officially
supported release. in the current state i seriously doubt that one could
get a minor architecture, say sh, into the archive again no matter how
much work you spend on it. simply because some people don't want it
there.

and if this it's needed for timely releases, why is it the only thing
that is said about changes in the release process. if people think that
this is the only thing needed to make our releases work, they are most
probably wrong.

summing up: if we need the scc in order to make good releases, fine. but
then we also need to make sure that we do the releases and make sure
that an arch can come back.

cu  robert

--
Robert Lemmen                               http://www.semistable.com