[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Security Support and other reasoning (was: Re: Bits (Nybbles?) from the Vancouver release team meeting)

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 06:27:04PM +0100, David Schmitt wrote:
> On Monday 14 March 2005 14:06, Sven Luther wrote:
> > There was no comment from the security team about this new plan, we don't
> > know for sure that this is the problem, we don't even know in detail what
> > the problems are and how do they relate to the drastic solutions (in france
> > we would say horse-remedies) proposed here.
> The problem I - as a system administrator - see is that waiting a week for a 
> security update might be not acceptable.

The alternative is that ALL architectures wait for security updates
until the tier 2 architectures are ready. Is that acceptable?

Hamish Moffatt VK3SB <hamish@debian.org> <hamish@cloud.net.au>

Reply to: