Re: Edge and multi-arch (was Re: Bits (Nybbles?) from the Vancouver release team meeting)

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
[snip]
>   - a _clear_ plan about this migration (and have this plan before
>     sarge is out), including a clear timeplan (announcement on day X,
>     maintainers have Y months to upload, if they don't do it in Y
>     months, we'll have a time of Z people who'll NMU the packages by
>     G).

AFAICS this isn't needed, because packages aren't required to be
multiarch capable. Once the basics (toolchain, glibc, dpkg/apt) are
in place, the migration can be done without a fixed schedule, starting
with the libraries at the end of the dependency chain.

Thiemo