Re: Do not make gratuitous source uploads just to provoke the buildds!

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 08:50:15PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> How about geda-gschem? Waiting on arm for a couple of weeks now.
> Holding up migration of all of geda* on all architectures.
> I couldn't work out where wanna-build CVS is hosted so I couldn't
> actually check the order to see where electronics fits in.

Yes, it's not easy to find and sometimes it migrates from host to host
even... Maybe it's at newraff or at db.d.o?

> > Instead of considering dropping archs or excluding archs from building, you
> > should consider improving the buildd process. The current wanna-build is
> > known to have many drawbacks. It's an ancient program that doesn't fit any
> > longer on todays needs. Patching it to death doesn't help much, imho.
> But right now, arm (for example) just cannot build all the packages that
> need building. Changing the order won't help. Only adding machines or
> removing packages will help.

Yes, adding machines will help, but this becomes a problem, when the
in-person union of wanna-build and buildd admin for that arch don't want you
to play in his Sandkasten... That's a human problem, not a hardware or arch
specific problem.

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/