Re: Do not make gratuitous source uploads just to provoke the buildds!

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 12:01:59AM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> It is a highly ordered list, more or less libs+base first, than devel, shells,
> perl, python. After that graphics, admin, utils. Just to look at the
> other side of the sorting order, at the end of the list is hamradio,
> non-US and embedded. The large ones like gnome and kde are in the middle
> of the list. Please see wanna-builds source for the full list.

Given how low hamradio (and the like) are prioritised, I suggest that we
get smarter about 'tesing' and omit some sections on some architectures.

Frankly there are not likely to be any users for hamradio on s390, mips*
arm, or m68k. Nor electronics. Instead those architectures just prevent
the migration to testing for those packages, for no good reason.

I'm in favour of building all packages on all architectures (when time
permits), and FTBFS bugs should be release-critical. But do we need to
actually make those packages critical for release? For zero users?

Having half your packages prioritised last in the build queue is rather
insulting to be honest..

Hamish