Re: Release-critical Bugreport for March 11, 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 04:25:48PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, BugScan reporter wrote:

> >Number concerning the next release (excluding ignored and not-in-testing):
> >147

[...]

> The question is: can we increase the pressure on maintainers of packages
> with
> RC bugs if we want to release? Currently we have an increase of RC bugs of
> 50%
> in 4 weeks. :-((
> When browsing quickly through the list of bugs we could simply get below
> our "less than 100 bugs state" by just announcing to remove those buggy
> packages
> from testing which are optional or extra after say 10 days?  Did I missed
> something like that?

We normaly do this already. But most people of the release team were busy
during the last weeks, so the RC bug count slipped a bit ;) Some of the
drastic increase is also due to the non-free fonts mass bug filing.

Lets just do something about it at the currently announced BSP!

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/