Re: querying available package versions over the net

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:17:25 +0100, Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org> said:

> Perhaps the best solution would be if I would offer a interface to
> packages.debian.org that is easier parsable than the current one.

Yes, that would be great.  Especially if the data also told you the
source package which a binary package comes from, as that's another
problem debget doesn't have a good solution for.

> Patches and/or proposals in other forms welcome.

Could you point me at the source?  The closest I could find is a Python
script at

    http://cvs.debian.org/packages/cgi-bin/?cvsroot=webwml

but since the actual script is .pl I don't suspect this is correct.

--
Roderick Schertler
roderick@argon.org