Re: Release-critical Bugreport for March 11, 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, BugScan reporter wrote:

Number concerning the next release (excluding ignored and not-in-testing): 147

I'm quoting from previous bug reports:

----------------
Bug stamp-out list for Feb 11 06:02 (CST)
Number concerning the next release (excluding ignored and not-in-testing): 98

Bug stamp-out list for Feb 18 06:02 (CST)
Number concerning the next release (excluding ignored and not-in-testing): 108

Bug stamp-out list for Feb 25 06:02 (CST)
Number concerning the next release (excluding ignored and not-in-testing): 123

Bug stamp-out list for Mar  4 06:09 (CST)
Number concerning the next release (excluding ignored and not-in-testing): 128
---------------

The question is: can we increase the pressure on maintainers of packages with
RC bugs if we want to release? Currently we have an increase of RC bugs of 50%
in 4 weeks. :-((
When browsing quickly through the list of bugs we could simply get below
our "less than 100 bugs state" by just announcing to remove those buggy packages
from testing which are optional or extra after say 10 days?  Did I missed
something like that?

Any yes, while writing this I could tried to write a patch or do a NMU but
I do not really see why people who provide patches or do NMUs should waste
their time on RC bugs if the maintainer does not even care about tagging
their bugs [help] or something that indicates that he is caring about the
RC bug in the end of a Debian release cycle.

Kind regards

         Andreas.