Re: is xprint still used by mozilla, etc?

hdmh> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Joey Hess wrote:
>> painful to the installation team, I mostly wanted to ask: Is xprintorg
>> still needed to print from mozilla, openoffice, firefox, etc, or has
>> that been cleared up since january? Should I remove xprt-xprintorg from
>> the desktop task again?

hdmh> It is not absolutely needed for most people. It is absolutely needed for a
hdmh> small set of people (some charsets don't work without it, I seem recall. But
hdmh> unfortunatelyy I cannot recall which).  It is *always* a good idea to use it
hdmh> if you can get it to work (and with CUPS, setting the DPI correctly is
hdmh> usually all it takes).

hdmh> I would leave it on the task, and instead get people to actually translate
hdmh> that message ASAP.

The problem is larger then that. Leave it on task will require update
of installation manual and update of all translations too.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116