Re: is xprint still used by mozilla, etc?

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Joey Hess wrote:
> painful to the installation team, I mostly wanted to ask: Is xprintorg
> still needed to print from mozilla, openoffice, firefox, etc, or has
> that been cleared up since january? Should I remove xprt-xprintorg from
> the desktop task again?

It is not absolutely needed for most people. It is absolutely needed for a
small set of people (some charsets don't work without it, I seem recall. But
unfortunatelyy I cannot recall which).  It is *always* a good idea to use it
if you can get it to work (and with CUPS, setting the DPI correctly is
usually all it takes).

I would leave it on the task, and instead get people to actually translate
that message ASAP.

  Henrique Holschuh