Re: mipsel drop / buildd situation Was: [Fwd: Re: GTK+2.0 2.6.2-3 and buildds running out of space]

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 10:33:05AM -0800, Clint Byrum wrote:
> How much would it help with the current problems if we just picked 3
> arches(mipsel, s390, ???) and said "these are not going to release with
> the rest of sarge"? Would it reduce the time to test the installer? Any
> RC bugs that were filed for those arch specific problems would be
> ignored.. would that be a lot?

Right now, trying to drop architectures from sarge would just confuse
matters, not help very much, and would doubtless invite a huge number of
flames from people who did a lot of work with the well-founded
expectation that it would be part of sarge. It's not fair to do this
sort of thing at the last minute.

After sarge is a different matter, though.