Re: Who cares about NEW when there are bigger issues?

(Moving to -project, as requested by Steve Langasek)

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 07:52:23AM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
>>
>> IMO, this actually _proves_ the case that ftpmaster is one of the
>> biggest problems that Debian has at the moment, now that the DAM
>> problem has been solved elegantly and efficiently.
>
> Wrong, the BIGGEST problem is that we have so many people whining about NEW
> and about other "problems" when at the same time the RC bug count does not
> lower enough for us to make a release.

AFAIK, the blocker for the release is not the RC bug count, but the
missing infrastructure.  And the second biggest problem for Debian, in
my opinion, is that it can happen that we prepare for a release "real
soon now" for half a year (first half of 2004), only to find that there
is some infrastructure missing and that it takes more than half a year
to fix this.  While the fact itself is a big pain, the underlying
reasons, the way communication and planning is done in the project, is
the real big problem.

Please note that I do not, and do not want to, blame any person or team
for that.

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster