Re: fftw3 non-pic k7 optimisations

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 02:05:44PM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Paul Brossier:
>
> >> Why do you insist to have that code be position-independant ?
> >
> > I could say because it is a 'must' in the debian policy, but...
>
> There is no such requirement in the Policy. 8-)

10.2. Libraries

     The shared version of a library must be compiled with `-fPIC', and the
     static version must not be.  In other words, each source unit (`*.c',
     for example, for C files) will need to be compiled twice.

hrm, but yeah of course, one could say that it's fine if a
library compiled with -fPIC still contains non position
independant code. :)

bye, piem