Re: fftw3 non-pic k7 optimisations

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 02:07:31PM +0000, Paul Brossier wrote:
> hrm, but yeah of course, one could say that it's fine if a
> library compiled with -fPIC still contains non position
> independant code. :)

This came up briefly on -policy some time ago as the result of #175074
and #175077, but without much in the way of resolution:
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-policy/2003/02/msg00046.html

I'd interpreted that piece of policy to imply "shared libraries must
not contain non-PIC code", and as a result, have some packages with a
similar problem to yours sitting in limbo... if those x86-only non-PIC
optimizations still satisfy the requirements, I'd like to know too!

--
Nicholas Breen
nbreen@ofb.net