Re: dehs will stop

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 10:49:47AM +0100, Martin Quinson wrote:
> [Why to cc on policy? Cut]
>
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 03:32:30AM +0100, Bluefuture wrote:
>
> > >If people don't care as much about this as you think they should,
> > >perhaps it would be a good idea to try explaining why they *should*
> > >care, instead of just lamenting their lack of a telepathic
> > >understanding of your intentions?
> >
> > This is not true. Had u tried to do a search about dehs/watch on
> > debian-devel about 2004/2005?
>
> I didn't. Just change the content of this mail into one of the pages of your
> site, and you're set.
>
> > I'm not a debian developer, so i could not post on dda mailing list. I
> > had opened many thread over this months on debian-qa debian-devel about
> > dehs issues. The only reply are:
> >
> > 1) Dehs is useless.
> > 2) Submitting 6229 wishlist bug is not possible/is not the solution
> > (without proposing alternatives method)
> >
> > I had try to randomly submit wishlist bugs for 6 packages to bts with
> > the tag "patch" pointing to the dehs site or attaching the watch file to
> > the bug.
> > Almost all of this bug was closed and the watch file was check (in some
> > cases fixed) and inserted in the package on the next upload.
>
> So, you got the way to go. Please go ahead and submit those 6229 bugs.

NO!

Do *not* file 6229 bugs about the same subject. Never.

Adding a watchfile is up to the maintainer. It's a feature offered to
maintainers, they can use it if the wish. If a watchfile for a package
makes sense (for quite some packages it doesn't) I think it's useful.
In no case should 6229 bugs be filed about these watchfiles that don't
have ANY effect on the resulting binary packages.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl