Re: Re: Statically linked binaries from fpc

Hi Bill,

> Hello Roland, I know nothing about fpc, but does it really need to
> produce binaries statically linked with glibc ? I would expect to just
> link statically with the units and dynamically with glibc. This would
> be much less a problem. (In particular, if security bugs are found in
> glibc).

Exactly. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a possibility to force
fpc to link dynamically. Even "-XD" doesn't help. :(

I will possibly just upload the new version of m-tx. Please CC my if
there are any new ideas about this issue.

Thanks.

bye,
  Roland