Re: Tips wanted for debugging and testing Debian

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 05:54:30PM +0100, Sascha Berkenkamp wrote:
> * Adam Majer <adamm@galacticasoftware.com> [21:05h, 24.02.2005]:
>
>  [Debian for Debugging and Testing]
>
> > http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-tips.en.html#s-chroot
>
> thank you. I tried it out and it works very good. Much more better and
> more user friendly than emulating a second Debian via Bochs or other
> emulator.
> I like it to work from my _new_ Debian from a new console like tty10 or
> something else.

Please also look into pbuilder package once you get to understand some
basics of cheroot.  This is specialized chroot script which does a bit
more than simple debootstrap described above too.

See the latest (sid) version of maint-guide package (Section 7.6)  for
starting hints for what pbuilder does.

Osamu