Re: Re: Statically linked binaries from fpc

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 09:26:13PM +0100, Roland Stigge wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> > Hello Roland, I know nothing about fpc, but does it really need to
> > produce binaries statically linked with glibc ? I would expect to just
> > link statically with the units and dynamically with glibc. This would
> > be much less a problem. (In particular, if security bugs are found in
> > glibc).
>
> Exactly. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a possibility to force
> fpc to link dynamically. Even "-XD" doesn't help. :(

My guess is that the units themselves are statically linked against
glibc. Whether this can be changed is another story.  I would expect a
pascal program to only use the C library through units.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.