Re: Let's remove mips, mipsel, s390 ... [or have strict arch: control? ]

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 01:28:58AM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>> It does? How does that work for packages with only a minimal control
>> file that generate a full contol file during build?
>
> Such packages need to make sure their initial control file contains
> enough information about the architectures a package can be built on
> anyway if they want dpkg-buildpackage to run successfully.
>
>> I see the Arch check of the dsc file in line 742-484 but that is very
>> unreliable. Anything I missed?
>
> Haven't looked at the source, only know the behaviour when a
> foreign architecture's package's build is attempted. Something like
>
> Architecture not in control file: i386 -- skipped
>
> or so.

Sbuild only has a
    print PLOG "$dscbase: $main::arch not in arch list: $dscarchs -- ".

The error you mention about the control file comes from
dpkg-gencontrol iirc and only after everything has been build. Try it
out with a architecture specific source that has "Architecture: any".

MfG
        Goswin